stuck in the snow

It's very cold

Friday, April 15, 2005

Run fast marc, run very fast.

Since when does my brother use the treadmill? O yea, according to him every Friday at ten, going five miles per hour for 60 minutes. Well thank you very much for telling me, as you lumber off in jeans and your collar sticking out from underneath your monogramed wool sweatshirt! O yes, he is really in for a workout. Now I have to do the treadmill at eleven...ELEVEN! I'm going to be in some sort of sleep-run tance...Unless I manage to find some uppers in about an hour. God, I just want to bash his head open with his stupid IPod, which is his only reason for existence...He even bought it socks.
Anyway after that little complaining thing I want to talk about what happened to me in the washroom today. Well actually nothing happened to me, it's more like something I noticed someone else doing, which was really stupid, and also slightly disturbing. I was walking home when I noticed I had to pee again (taking antibiotics, NO NOT an STD, urinary track infection, with no connection what so ever with an STD...I'm making too big of a deal out of this aren't I? You know there's a lot of discrimination connected with STD's...Not that I have one.) so I went into THE ATRIUM, a place with some shops and a cafe and a pub and a place that sells British candy and a washroom, to go relieve myself. I was well...peeing when all of a sudden I heard the bathroom door open and an explotion of soprano singing flooded into the room. I heard the singing drift into the stall next to me accompanied by a little *tinkle tinkle* and then swiftly left, leaving the door to swing shut. I sat there for a moment, stunned, and then realized that there wash no *splash splash splash* and no *air blowing from the hand dryer* to accompany her song.
She didn't wash her hands...

8 Comments:

At 9:20 am, Blogger joe said...

maybe she had a moist towelette from her KFC 2 piece meal in her handbag and you couldn't hear her rip the package open to wipe (even if inadequately) her hands because of her singing? nah. she's yucky. she's like a STD!

 
At 10:59 am, Blogger Rachel said...

There could have been a moist towelette from KFC...except there aren't any KFC's nearby...

 
At 3:57 am, Blogger adilio said...

I muist admit I am a bit attached to the iPod as well, but in my defense I try not to let it infringe on others' freedoms in any way.... treadmills are awesome too, much better on the knees than concrete....
As for the woman, maybe she didn't touch.... anything.... with her hands.... this still doesn't excuse her not washing, but maybe it helps her feel better about it :S....

 
At 11:10 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think there was research done that something like 30% of all people do not wash their hands after going to the bathroom. the number rises when there's nobody around.

why clean anyway? i didn't touch anything "dirty"! hahahahaha!


go_wade_in

 
At 6:42 pm, Blogger Rachel said...

adilio: I don't have anything against IPods, but I do when it's my brother :). Even if she didn't touch anything with her hands she still touched the lock on the stall and probably the toilet flusher, and there must have been someone who did er..touch something and then touched all that stuff and now she's touching everything around and spreading it all around.
go_wade_in:Hahaha...i thought that number would be higher...I bet there's alot of liars out there.

 
At 12:32 am, Blogger Jon said...

I've been feeling like I have to pee when most of the time nothing comes out- which sucks and has me wondering if I should go to a doctor. Small world!

 
At 4:13 pm, Blogger Rachel said...

jon:That sounds like a urinary track infection, I would recomend seeing your doctor, good luck!

 
At 7:38 am, Blogger Jon said...

It happened about 3 years ago and cleared up soon, just like it did yesterday. I don't feel like I have to pee constantly anymore, though if it comes back, I'll see my doctor.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home