stuck in the snow

It's very cold

Saturday, April 23, 2005

Pffffft Spanish

Boy, I am tired. I am also pretty sure I failed my Spanish test, because the teacher gave us a day to learn all this Spanish stuff that I still can't even remember. She thought we all understood what she was teaching us because half the class would answer her questions correctly, but then the other half just sat there looking confused. She decided to give us the test yesterday, and she kept on saying how bad she felt for giving us a test so early but that she was confident in us, well that was stupid. She started to mark the tests when we were all done and with the second sheet of paper she smiled and said, "Yes, this is what I like to see"... It was probably the test of one of the Spanish kids in the class anyway. When she picked up the third test I was pretty sure it was mine, I grungingly sit at the front of the class right beside the teacher's desk so I should be able to see the wrtiting on the papers, but I can't because I'm old and can't see anymore, but the blur at the top of the page could have very well been my signature. I saw her hand form little X's and the smile fade into a quiet frown. Oooops. The only thing I was sure about on the test was the labeling of the parts of the body, such as la cabeza (which means head) and el dedo (finger). I'm so sick of Spanish, and you know what? I don't want to go to South America and wake up to find that someone stole my kidney, and I don't want to go to Spain and get my head blasted off or get killed by some rampaging bull, so there really is no need for me to speak Spanish except for the novelty. Yes, that is my excuse for not doing well on this test
-------------------------------------------UPDATE--------------------------------------------
I ended up getting 58% on my test. Well...at...least...I...didn't...fail....

3 Comments:

At 11:40 pm, Blogger Jon said...

I thought a 58% was an F. Isn't a 60 a D-, and anything below is failing? I hope the teacher throws out the grades, or at least lets you make it up, especiallly if half the class didn't do well.

I took Latin from 6th to 10th grade. I'm a dork, though I did take Spanish in college and had a B average, until it moved so fast and I started getting C minuses since college courses move quickly. I'm SOOOO glad to be done with school! I'm all for knowledge, and I love reading about things I don't know, but I'm sick of being graded on things.

 
At 3:43 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

with the increasing number of spanish-speaking immigrants, it's good to learn the rudiments of their language. it will be useful to you in the future.

several people in my group has actually expressed interest in learning spanish.

 
At 4:36 pm, Blogger Rachel said...

jon: 58% is a D+, 60's are C's, 70's are B's and 80 and higher is and A. I have a 74% right now, except that test probably brought it waaay down.
I'm like you, I like to learn but I hate being graded.
anon: Why can't they just learn English then? No just kidding, you have an excellent point there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home