stuck in the snow

It's very cold

Saturday, April 02, 2005

Not Championship but ChampionShit.

It’s been raining for a while now and I’m one of those few people who really love the rain, so of course I had to go outside to splash in the puddles a bit. I quickly put on an old grey-white t shirt, and tucked my favourite pair of jeans into my gorgeous Salvatore Ferragamo rain boots, it really looked like I didn’t care, mostly because I didn’t. With my hair in a loose bun and no makeup on I headed out looking very European country-side. I could have just hopped on a horse and galloped into the village to get some pain at any moment. I pranced outside and jumped into a few puddles, nearly drowning in one and then decided to take the European theme a little further and started to play some soccer. This is so European, I thought as I pretended to battle against Germany for the World Soccer Cup or what ever it’s called. After Germany some how scoring too many times I decided to play in the driveway and the front yard to give me more advantage (read: backyard a bit too small to be a stadium). I must have looked like a real pro, I bet everyone else driving by must have thought so too, they couldn’t have missed me if they had wanted to, I was the only one outside. I bet they were all cheering me on as I kicked Germany’s ass. It was getting close, one more score and the Cup would be mine. With amazing skill I sent the ball into an intricate pattern with my feet as I ran fast as the wind. This my glory! This is my CHAMPIONSHIT! Suddenly I was face first into the wet asphalt, my trophy melting away into embarrassment. I turned my head to see millions and millions of cars sitting at the red lights. I quickly got up and ran away very awkwardly because of the pain, trying to kick the ball with me but then giving up halfway. It was sort of mortifying, but luckily I’m over it...And it only took me three minutes.

9 Comments:

At 4:37 pm, Anonymous peter said...

but you had fun! i think it's good to let one's hair down every so often and just enjoy. something we tend to stop doing as we grow older.

 
At 4:57 pm, Blogger Rachel said...

I love just having fun, and not in a crazy party way. I think it keeps my imagination alive.

 
At 5:00 pm, Blogger Wayne said...

Even when you are down and wet, You've gotta remind yourself that you are a SWAN!! :)

 
At 5:47 pm, Blogger Jon said...

I agree with Peter. Sometimes when i walk in a park here, I chase squirrels. I just run really fast after them, I think the exercise does them good ^_^

 
At 5:48 pm, Blogger Rachel said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 5:52 pm, Blogger Rachel said...

wayne: Aw, that's probably the best advice I've ever heard! P.S. Hang in there :).
jon: I love chasing squirrels and pigeons, I used to feel bad about it but now I don't. Uh, don't ever chase geese.

 
At 4:56 pm, Blogger no milk said...

I had a championshit once, it was 12 inches long and looked like a brown snake ;)

 
At 2:38 pm, Blogger no milk said...

i quoted this!

 
At 7:25 pm, Blogger Rachel said...

no milk: for a second I had no clue what you were talking about...and then I started laughing really, really hard.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home