stuck in the snow

It's very cold

Sunday, March 20, 2005

OH F*CK

Wow I haven't posted in a very long time, I guess nothing has really happened to me, which in a way is a good thing. Well, except for my encounter with another insect. This encounter, was far, far worse than my encounter with a giant ant a while back, or when I saw a giant spider in my grandmother’s house a few years ago. The other day I had gotten off the treadmill after a nice refreshing run. I was feeling pretty good except I really, really had to pee (running will do that to you) so I pranced to the nearest washroom, which happened to be in the basement (where the treadmill and my Dad's exercise bike is, we call it a gym, which is pretty stupid). The basement washroom is always pretty gross, mostly because my Dad and my brother use it so it never gets cleaned. It even had a small colony of long legged spiders at one time, but they left after my Mom went crazy with the bleach. Anyway I opened the door and walked in, about to pee my pants, and saw something on the wall right beside the toilet. OH F*CK! To be honest it was probably the most disgusting thing I've ever seen in my life. Its legs were writhing and twitching out of its long, thick body. I saw a little tiny spider skitter away like mad as the creature started to turn in its direction. Legs were sticking out every where, getting longer and thicker towards the end, with giant, fat legs protruding right at the back. It was creeping slowly on the wall, and jerking in a sickening way. I just stood there, unable to move, I was completley stunned by its absolutley horrific appearance. It looked like a deformed and elongated spider, with extra limbs. The thing suddenly stopped moving and clung to the wall with some obvious effort, it was so huge that it was fighting gravity, even with its millions of legs. I cautiously backed out of the wash room, feeling slightly nauseated, and looked around wildly to make sure there weren’t more wondering around. I ran to the nearest bug-free washroom, which was a relief but the image of that insect (some sort of giant centipede?) was still alive in my head, crawling around inside my mind, my imagination warping it. I was scared it would kill me and feed on my flesh or something...Yes it was that big!
I told my parents so they both went down and looked for it in the washroom, but they couldn't find it. You know what that means? IT COULD BE ANYWHERE! ANYWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 Comments:

At 3:48 am, Blogger Jon said...

Hehe, you think like I do ^_^ This past summer, I saw a huge spider on my shower curtain. I ran out into the living area of my apartment with shampoo still in my hair and debated about calling the police. Then, when I returned to the shower to rinse the soap off and finish bathing, it was GONE! I paranoid that it was laying eggs in my towl, or cralwed to my bed. I hate SPIDERS!

Even though my building is very well maintained and they even have an exterminator come once a year to each unit, it's always the summer that is the worst for bugs. I never have problems in the kitchen, which I keep immaculate, nor the living area or bedroom- but sometimes, in the heat and humidity that is an east coast summer, little creepy things that I don't even know what they are comne out of the drain just to tease me!

 
At 6:25 pm, Blogger Rachel said...

THINGS COME OUT OF YOUR DRAIN???? omg, I would have a heart attack and die! Summer here is a bad time for giant earwigs! ewww!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home