stuck in the snow

It's very cold

Sunday, January 23, 2005

Rehab

On Saturday me and my friend Monique made our way to our weekly boxersize class, we were supposed to be meeting Steph at the gym but we didn't see her there.
"I wonder where Steph is..." I said to Monique.
"O yah, I forgot to tell you, she called me and said she was too hungover to come." Monique and I exchanged knowing glances. Steph is always hungover, hungover a bit too much to be healthy.
"Steph is always hungover, and she is always stoned. We need to get her into rehab."
"Don't be stupid. Steph is fine, she doesn't do it that much." Monique told me.
"Yes she does! She's on something almost everyday." Which is true, as far as I know she goes to school stoned quite often and even horseback rides drunk or stoned or both, I'm surprised she hasn't fallen off her pony and snapped her neck in half.
One day, in about 20 years I'll be sitting in the back of my limo looking out on the streets of New York when I'll come accross this:

"Driver! Stop the car!" I'll get out of the limo then walk slowly towards my old highschool friend.
"Steph?"
"Rachel?" We will stare at each other in awe. One of us has climbed the corprate ladder and is now a multi-billionaire and the other never got to rehab in time to end her drug addiction and is now shivering on the cold, harsh streets of NYC. It's my fault! I could have sent her to rehab when we were just mere fifteen year olds and none of his would have happened! I will think. Guilt will overwhelm me and I will be forced to invite Steph into one of my multi-million dollar homes, get her cleaned up and send her to the most prestigious rehab centers in the world.
But alas, old habits break hard and Steph will end up going back and forth into rehab until I will finally have enough. I am a too compationate person to just leave someone to corrupt themselves so I will send Steph to live in rehab permantly, preferably somewhere that doesn't have any snow so she wont get too confused and think it is crack.

6 Comments:

At 3:41 pm, Blogger Jon said...

You're 15? How old are you?

I like the cartoon- the psychedelic colors on the LSD are a nice touch ;)

 
At 7:08 pm, Blogger Rachel said...

yep, I'm fifteen. But remember, that's half way to thirty. :)

 
At 12:20 pm, Blogger Wayne said...

For a sec, I thought you were drawing Britney Spears :P

 
At 1:04 pm, Blogger Rachel said...

LOL! Actaully Steph and Britney have alot in common.

 
At 1:39 pm, Blogger lost at sea said...

o.O
She looks like my ex-best friend Megan.

 
At 2:15 pm, Blogger Rachel said...

Poor Megan :(.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home