stuck in the snow

It's very cold

Friday, January 28, 2005

gotta RUN

Wow...I should really get to bed. It's 12:15 AM. The problem is I'm just not tired, it's the chemicals in my adolescent brain, not me, I swear I don't do crack. Although I am on runner's high after being on the treadmill for over an hour. Runner's high is the best thing, especially because it's not illegal. In my opinion runner's high trumps every other high. Well not that I have experienced any other high but it's fun and healthy, you don't get that very often do you? In fact, most things in life that are fun are also very unhealthy. Like doing drugs, eating candy and riding on roller coasters... The first and probably the last time I have ever tried pot was so disappointing, I was expecting to feel so happy and joyful but nothing much happened. I laughed a bit but I do that anyways. My friends both got high...or is it stoned? What ever. The point is I didn't find it that exciting. Not as exciting as runner's high anyway. My friends were both saying "I can't believe your high for the first time!" and I was saying "Uh, yeah whatever. Do you want to something else now? Like RUN?" I swear I am this close--- to becoming a compulsive exerciser but then that would make runner's high unhealthy instead of healthy. I am actually very close to becoming a compuslive exerciser, the signs are all there:
I HAVE to run.
I would choose my treadmill over some really hot male strippers.
Drugs just wont cut it.
I hug my treadmill every night.
I sometimes fantasize about running.
I find excuses to run, like "Quick, I have to pee!".
I went over to my friend Steph's house a while back after being on the treadmill and the whole time she was asking me for some of what ever I was taking and kept on asking me if I was high on something. I would just answer "I'm high on life Steph! The gift of life is all I need!" I eventually told her it was runner's high and with great disappointment she said "I don't get runner's high..." Well Duh! That's because you don't run!
Actually humans were born to run. The reason we have bums is to balance us so we don't topple forward when we are getting chased by a big lion. I guess it's good that I chose runner's high over something else, plus this means if I'm being chased I have a better chance of getting away because I will be thinking "If I run really fast for a really long time the dumbass who is chasing me will have a heart attack or something and I will lose them. That will make me happy. Then I will have my runner's high after that so then I will be really happy. The two combined will make me ecstatic with joy." Now I'm good at that kind of math.

4 Comments:

At 6:33 pm, Blogger Jon said...

I go jogging a few times a week, and I agree, a runner's high is amazing. When I first started in the summer of 2003, it took a while to get used to. I felt like I was going to puke whenever I got home, but now, being a bit more in shape, it's a nice feeling.

 
At 10:06 pm, Blogger Rachel said...

Yea, I started out like that too, I'd run and then collapse. But once I started to get a full blown high I just couldn't stop.

 
At 10:15 pm, Blogger rysolag said...

Hi,

--- www.blogladder.com ---

It's a site I'm trying to get off it's feet. This is a generic message but it is posted by a human not a program. You can change the colors at the bottom of the home page; there are 23 different colors. You can also change the header animations. See that little square?! Your entries are likely to get more comments becuase it is a community blogging site.

peace - please check it out.

 
At 11:55 pm, Blogger Rachel said...

did you even read my post? It's okay, I don't mind because I'm on my runner's high again ;).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home