stuck in the snow

It's very cold

Friday, November 26, 2004

I live in a creepy place

The other day I had absolutely nothing to do so I decided to take the bus down to the mall. I was waiting at the bus stop when a woman came and asked me when the bus was coming. I said I didn't know so she told me she was going to call the bus help line and that she'd just be over there encase the bus came. Then suddenly she disappeared past a clump of bushes and some buildings. Unfortunately the bus came right when the woman disappeared and since nobody could see her, the bus left. I felt a little bit guilty...but I didn't understand why she would disappear, it's not like there's any pay-phones around or anything. I sat down in one of the slightly dirty seats and suddenly remembered why I hate buses: there's always at least one creepy person who always stares at you, while you try to distinguish the lingering stench in the air. The bus took forever to get to the mall, for a while I thought I had gotten on the wrong one, especially when a bunch of ten year olds got on. I was very surprised when I heard one of the girls say "She's such a whore, she had to get an abortion." What is happening to the children of today!? I finally made it to the mall, except it wasn't the wondrous place of shopping I had remembered. Unfortunately I'm not that interested in super-duper mass produced items anymore, now I prefer to save up my money and buy very nice items that I really like and that will last. I had definitely not thought this shopping trip through and so I spent ages wandering around the mall looking for something more suited to my taste. After a while I found a really cute pair of pjs that had little black wide-eyed cats all over them. Eventually decided to go home so I walked out some doors but couldn't see the bus stop anywhere, it turns out it was on the other side of the mall. I finally made it on the bus and sat there until it reached the main down town bus stop, where the all little buses sleep (lol). The last people all got off, this isn’t right, I thought, the bus was supposed to take me back to the bus stop near my house, but it wasn't moving! I finally decided to get off since it seemed like it was going no where and proceeded to walk home. Where I live, downtown is not somewhere you would particularly want to be. It was getting dark so I started to quicken my pace, I had absolutely no clue how far away from home I was, all I knew was that I should keep walking straight. I started to cross the street but then a car almost crashed into me and the guy driving it rolled down his window, said something that I didn't pick up then winked and smiled in a creepy way. Walking down town, I noticed allot of guys about my age who looked really angry, and some homeless people that were sort of leering at me. I finally got so freaked out I started to run as fast as I could (thanks to the treadmill that is now possible without having a heart attack) just wishing I could be home because the sky was almost black. I ran and ran, finally I made it to my old school, which I used to walk to from home, it still wasn't a great area to be, but at least I knew my way around properly now. I continued to run until I finally made it home. Safe! At last! This whole predicament got me thinking, I think I should hire a chauffeur. I asked my parents, but they said no. One more reason to marry a billionaire. ;)

5 Comments:

At 11:15 am, Blogger no milk said...

it sounds like the holiday season is upon us spreading the REAL feelings that the season brings upon us... :)

 
At 11:31 am, Blogger Rachel said...

I know what you mean, it's actually kind of sad,lol.

 
At 12:11 pm, Blogger Wayne said...

.........As for the bus woman... Ahem, she was only using that as an excuse... She went into the bushes to... Uh... well, she had to go to the bathroom b.a.d :)

Now, little girl, dont' you ever wonder out on the street by yourself like that! *spank* *spank* got me worried when reading your entry!!

Next time, ask around. Ask the bus drivers where you should wait...and stuff like that.... When it comes to the worst.. call a cab...and get Mom to pay for the fare afterwards....

 
At 2:19 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

>> of today!? I finally made it to the mall, except it wasn't the wondrous place of shopping I had remembered. Unfortunately I'm not that interested in super-duper mass produced items anymore, now I prefer to save up my money and buy very nice items that I really like and that >>

yeah, i'm starting to buy "quality" stuff that have a "classic look" for significant items like furniture, home decor, jackets, dress shoes. for everyday stuff, i still turn to the bargain bins of the Gap or Target. but no more cheap eyeglasses that fall apart at the bridge and have to be held together with masking tape.

go_wade_in

 
At 10:48 am, Blogger Rachel said...

.........As for the bus woman... Ahem, she was only using that as an excuse... She went into the bushes to... Uh... well, she had to go to the bathroom b.a.d :)

Now, little girl, dont' you ever wonder out on the street by yourself like that! *spank* *spank* got me worried when reading your entry!!

Next time, ask around. Ask the bus drivers where you should wait...and stuff like that.... When it comes to the worst.. call a cab...and get Mom to pay for the fare afterwards....


At 2:19 PM, Anonymous said...
>> of today!? I finally made it to the mall, except it wasn't the wondrous place of shopping I had remembered. Unfortunately I'm not that interested in super-duper mass produced items anymore, now I prefer to save up my money and buy very nice items that I really like and that >>

yeah, i'm starting to buy "quality" stuff that have a "classic look" for significant items like furniture, home decor, jackets, dress shoes. for everyday stuff, i still turn to the bargain bins of the Gap or Target. but no more cheap eyeglasses that fall apart at the bridge and have to be held together with masking tape.

go_wade_in

Wayne: This is absolutely the last time I am ever wondering the street again! I'm also taking up kick boxing, so if worse comes to worse, I can kick some asses:).

go_wade_in: When I buy quality things I feel so happy that I have something that will last a very LONG time and still look nice. I was getting sort of sick of looking exactly like my peers too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home