stuck in the snow

It's very cold

Monday, May 03, 2004

What the hell?

"What the hell?" was the question I asked while discovering the pictures and stories of what the British and American soldiers are doing to their Iraqi prisoners. Seriously, I thought the whole point of going into Iraq was to get rid of Sadam so they're wouldn't be any more torturing of the Iraqis. I didn't agree with the war, I was pretty sure is was to just get oil and Bush chose the wrong solution (I can't say that I was surprised though). And now we find out that the troops over there are torturing them? Seriously, what the hell? I took this from http://www.empirenotes.org/ which has pictures too, I'm not going to post them because I don't know how, but take a look, I think everyone should see them.
I find that the intentional abuse of detainees by military police personnel included the following acts:

• Punching, slapping and kicking detainees; jumping on their naked feet.

• Videotaping and photographing naked male and female detainees.

• Forcibly arranging detainees in various sexually explicit positions for photographing.

• Forcing detainees to remove their clothing and keeping them naked for several days at a time.

• Forcing naked male detainees to wear women's underwear.

• Forcing groups of male detainees to masturbate themselves while being photographed and videotaped.

• Arranging naked male detainees in a pile and then jumping on them.

• Positioning a naked detainee on a box [of meals ready to eat], with a sandbag on his head, and attaching wires to his fingers, toes and penis to simulate electric torture.

• Writing "I am a Rapest" (sic) on the leg of a detainee alleged to have forcibly raped a 15-year-old fellow detainee, and then photographing him naked.

• Placing a dog chain or strap around a naked detainee's neck and having a female soldier pose for a picture.

• A male MP [military police] guard having sex with a female detainee.

• Using military working dogs (without muzzles) to intimidate and frighten detainees, and in at least one case biting and severely injuring a detainee.

• Taking photographs of dead Iraqi detainees.

In addition, several detainees also described the following acts of abuse, which under the circumstances, I find credible based on the clarity of their statements and supporting evidence provided by other witnesses:

• Breaking chemical lights and pouring the phosphoric liquid on detainees.

• Threatening detainees with a charged 9-millimeter pistol.

• Pouring cold water on naked detainees.

• Beating detainees with a broom handle and a chair.

• Threatening male detainees with rape.

• Allowing a military police guard to stitch the wound of a detainee who was injured after being slammed against the wall in his cell.

• Sodomizing a detainee with a chemical light and perhaps a broomstick.
This is just discusting, honestly, what is this world coming to?
check out http://www.empirenotes.org/ for more info.

Any way all day I was in SUCH a bad mood today, probably because I woke up and the first thing I thought of was the torturing of Iraqi prisoners. So I got up, then decided it was too early and cold to be awake and then got back in bed. Then my mom came up yelling at me to get up (by the way I'm only 14 and in grade nine, I'm not some sad 30 year old that still lives with my perants) and so I got up, had a shower, got dressed, did my make-up, and got in the car. My mom drove me and I ran up the pavement stairs up to the school, god, waht a freaking ugly school. I walked through the doors and heard the national anthem, I am late, o well. Well I barely made it through my day, willing myself to care about the effects of media on adolescents (It still doesn't make me want to buy Dr. Pepper, ew), le francaise (that's actually important because I want to be a fashion designer, or just marry rich, either way french is important) and why M=slope and y=mx+b and b=y (who ever came up with math should be drug into the street and shot). Well I went home for lunch like everyday, ate three grape fruits and watched the View (I know what you're thinking, "get a life" well at my school everyone's life is drugs, literally, that's why everyone gets along, because they're all stoned, so I'd rather find out more details about Star Jones' fiance than take a hit of coke). Then I spoke to my my ADORABLE cousin, I'm serious he is the most beautiful child I have seen in my life, he could be a child model, his eye lashes are like a mile-long (jelous lol)! Any way he just turned five so I wished him happy birthday and spoke to my other cousin who is 7. They're Irish and apparently it's super warm over there while it's freezing cold over here. Any way that basically made my day, I only had one more class which is geography(honestly, when I am ever going to use Canadian geography in my life any way?). So my teacher talked to us about his trip to New York, and how he got to visit the most expensive hotel in New York, and he told us his amazement when there was a man in the toilets who cleaned up for you and such, WOW that is something I would never expect in an Upper East Side hotel (sarcasm). Any way then he just babbled on about how we're killing the earth, it's actually quite sad, but it's just annoying when he talkes about it. And then today I noticed even more white trash than usuall in my naighbor's back yard. I'm not one to spy on other people, but it's just hard to ignore seven full fledged mullets. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home