stuck in the snow

It's very cold

Wednesday, May 12, 2004

Don't you think this is cheating?

Well recently I was talking to my good friend Monique on msn and she asked me to re-add Steph onto my msn list, Steph is a girl I was very good friends with last year in middle school (she was also such a bitch but I put up with her, big mistake) and then I got in a "fight" with her on msn around last december (I was so sick of her and besides we go to different schools now so it wasnt a big deal) and deleted her off my list. Any way, I re-added her yesterday and today we were both on at the same time today so we started chatting. We caught up on each other's life, how school was and how horseback riding was, and then we came to clothes. Now I like to think I have a very chic sense of style very un-like girls my age who dress like prostitutes (like Steph). I usually wear black ballet flats and good jeans and a cute top with a nice handbag(matching, of course), I have some nice designer items too, but usually only wear them for something nice. Anyway, Steph has a sort of "gangsta" style as she likes to call it, she dresses like the girls in rap videos. Then she asked me if I had any thing Louis Vuitton, I said yes, a blue mini monogram tote which my mom brougt me back from London, Steph said she had some too a "3 Louis Vuitton bags, scarf, belt, hat keychain and viser" I thought this was a bit odd, considering she recently had to move into a smaller house and all this stuff would probably add up to way over a thousand dollars. Then she said she had a pair of Gucci Air Force Ones and her Louis Vuitton shoes were also Air Force Ones. Now, Air Force Ones are Nike basketball shoes, so I was pretty sure her shoes were probably rip off fakes and this led me to asking her where got these shoes. Steph showed me this webstie: http://www.frozenfashions.com and I noticed something, the designer items were all like 90% cheaper than they should be. Plus the Air Foce Ones were shipped from a factory in China:http://www.frozenfashions.com/cat_custom.cfm Yes I know the vendors on the corner sell fake bags but the thing is, everybody knows they're fake so it doesnt really take away value from the actual product, but these are being adverstised to people as real which totally takes away from the value and nobody will think anything special of the craftmenship. This is pissing me off so much! I know I sound so conservative, but I just don't think it is fair to advertise it as "real" when it isnt.

3 Comments:

At 10:05 am, Blogger Wayne said...

I knew it. When I read about the brand and the price, the first thing that came up in my head was.."MADE IN CHINATOWN"

Ding!

 
At 6:31 pm, Blogger Rachel said...

lol, some things are just too good to be true :).

 
At 11:03 am, Blogger The Dynasty said...

Hi,
I was just looking through the web because I like to see what people are saying about us. I am the owner of Designer Dynasty, which is also under the url of Frozenfashions.com
I just wanted to comment on your "represented as real" comment. We have NEVER represented those items as the real deal. Replica is replica. Even when common sense doesn't tell you that you can't get a $15,000 bag for $175, it is very clearly stated on the LV catagory that those items are not authentic.
Just wanted to clear that up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home